- Active Tropical Storm Wind Buffers
This layer depicts active tropical storms. Each buffer has information related to the wind speed and the affected population at three distances from the tropical storm's track.
The data come from GDACS (European Commission Joint Research Center) and further analysis is applied by the WFP OSEP GIS.
The layer is updated automatically. If there are no active storms, no data are displayed (pink tiles).
- Publication Date
- Jan. 18, 2017, 1:50 p.m.
- Vector Data
- cyclones , tropical storms , adam
- Geoscientific Information
- information pertaining to earth sciences. Examples: geophysical features and processes, geology, minerals, sciences dealing with the composition, structure and origin of the earth s rocks, risks of earthquakes, volcanic activity, landslides, gravity information, soils, permafrost, hydrogeology, erosion
- Maintenance Frequency
- Data Is Repeatedly And Frequently Updated
- Supplemental Information
No information provided